Filter Photo is pleased to announce our annual Open Call for Exhibition Proposals. Selected proposals will be offered an exhibition slot at Filter Space for the 2019 - 2020 exhibition calendar. Proposals are due by May 6th, 2018.
We welcome photography proposals of all types, whether traditional or experimental or coming from an emerging curator or a veteran artist. Filter Photo hopes to attract a broad range of proposals that reflect the creative diversity of the contemporary photography community.
March 3: Submissions Open
May 6: Submissions Close
Mid-May: Exhibition Panel reviews proposals
Late May: Applicants notified of panel’s decisions
2019 – 2020: Exhibitions take place
Accepted proposals will receive:
- A 4 to 6-week exhibition at Filter Space to take place 2019 – 2020
- At least 1 exhibition reception, with refreshments provided
- The opportunity to host an event in conjunction with the exhibition (e.g. a workshop or artist’s talk)
- Exhibition marketing including printed postcards, an email blast to Filter Photo’s mailing list, and other social media promotion
- A discount of 10% for all exhibition artwork produced through LATITUDE Chicago, a nonprofit digital lab that adjoins Filter Space
2018 Exhibition Review Panel
Janice Bond, Independent Artist and Curator
Paul D’Amato, Professor, Columbia College Chicago; Editor, Skylark Editions
Karen Irvine, Deputy Director and Chief Curator, Museum of Contemporary Photography
Debra Klomp Ching and Darren Ching, Owners and Directors of Klompching Gallery
Jennifer Murray, Executive Director, Filter Photo
Martha Schneider, Owner and Director, Schneider Gallery
Teresa Silva, Director of Exhibitions & Residencies, Chicago Artists Coalition
To see the full submission guidelines and to learn more about our distinguished review panel, please visit our website.