The Chicago Cultural Alliance is an active consortium of 40 Chicago-area cultural heritage museums, centers and historical societies, and 20 Partner museums, educational institutions and arts organization across the Chicago region. Our mission is to connect, promote, and support centers of cultural heritage for a more inclusive Chicago. Our vision is a city where all communities have a voice, and cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration are an integral part of Chicago’s civic fabric.
The Alliance’s programming and services celebrate diversity, preserve history, and honor tradition while amplifying cross-cultural collaboration through equitable structures that encourage capacity building. Offerings include large-scale collaborative programming that showcase our membership’s work and missions, shared services and professional development opportunities that build organizational capacity, and promotion that platforms cultural events and exhibits across the city.
To see more about our history and core values visit www.chicagoculturalalliance.org/about/.
The Donor and Membership Associate is a part-time position at the Chicago Cultural Alliance and provides assistance and coordination for the organizations development and membership initiatives, supporting and enhancing the objectives of the Alliance. The position is responsible for assisting in the recruitment and retention of donors and membership, specifically assisting in the organization and implementation of development and administrative initiatives throughout the year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for weekly activities in support of the Alliance’s Development and Membership programs.
• Assist the executive director and committee in the production of Alliance’s annual gala, MOSAIC, including but not limited to catering, registration, at event fundraising, and donor communication.
• Maintain an annual organizational calendar of donor stewardship activities and strategies that advance annual giving. This includes events, tours, stewardship reports, etc;
• Ensure that donor stewardship and cultivation activity is accurately recorded in the Artful.ly, the Alliance’s database.
• Ensure that individual donations are recorded in database and properly acknowledged in a timely manner.
• Support the overall strategic efforts of the development team which includes many CCA board members.
• Work with Collaborative Programs Manager, Conservation & Collections Manager, and Executive Director to craft membership communications including but not limited to dues invoicing, new benefits and meeting notices.
• Update and Manage member prospect sheets and track engagement for both prospective core and partner members.
• Track current member engagement including meeting attendances, participation in programs and services and promotional services.
• Work with director of finance to update and reconcile transactions in membership and development.
• Other duties as requested.